- A new study based on calculations of gravitational influence suggests that at least two more planets are circling the sun in our solar system far beyond Pluto’s orbit.
- A sun- like star with orbiting Earth-sized planets dating back to the dawn of the Galaxy has been discovered by an international team of astronomers.
- A new physics model that applies quantum correction terms to complement Einstein’s theory of general relativity proposes that there was no Big Bang and that the universe has existed forever.
- New data suggest that four young stars clustered in the constellation Norma are the likely signature of the long predicted dark matter galaxy.
- SpaceX launches the DSCOVR satellite into deep space to provide advanced warning of extreme emissions from the sun which can affect power grids, communications systems, and satellites.
- Scientists discover a black hole in the middle of a quasar that is 12 billion times as massive as our sun.